How to update your details in the Rural Payments Service

Change permissions on the Rural Payments service

It’s important to keep your contact details updated in the Rural Payments Service as we will use these to contact you about important issues.

When you sign into the Rural Payments Service, go to ‘Your businesses’ and click ‘View and amend personal details’. Then, check we have your correct email address.

If you send us information by email, we can only accept it if the email address is registered in the Rural Payments Service.

We can also send you reminders during our application windows by text message. If you want these reminders, make sure you update your mobile phone number in ‘View and amend personal details’.

Would you like someone else to act on behalf of your business in the Rural Payments service?

There are different levels of permission you can give an individual, depending on their responsibilities for your business.

Whether you want them to amend your business details or submit your applications and claims, you choose the appropriate ‘permission’ level.

To add an individual to your business in the Rural Payments service, your ‘permission’ level must be set to ‘full permissions’ for ‘Business Details’. They must be registered in the Rural Payments service and you will need their customer reference number (CRN).

Click the image below and watch our short video to see how to add people to your business in the Rural Payments service and how to select the appropriate ‘permission’ level.

YouTube video on screen
How to add people and amend your permissions YouTube video

Sharing and comments

Share this page

Leave a comment

We only ask for your email address so we know you're a real person

By submitting a comment you understand it may be published on this public website. Please read our privacy notice to see how the GOV.UK blogging platform handles your information.